Pages

Popular Posts

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Pajamas in Public

Since yesterday, I seem to have come down with some virus.  (That's why I didn't post yesterday.)  Because it was pajama day at school yesterday, and I did go to school for a while before coming home.  (I was of course, in my pajamas.)  In the mornings, I take a class at a school that is different from my home school, and I had forgotten that nobody there would wearing pajamas.

Upon walking into the building, I was greeted with stares and of course, the "nice pj's" comment made me feel a lot better about myself.  I held my head high and realized that to the outside world, I must look like a complete idiot.  I was probably going to be known as pajama girl for the rest of my existence.

While I don't exactly condone wearing pajamas in public unless you have a legitimate reason, there is a teachable moment.  Fashion is an art form that teaches us to push boundaries and express ourselves in a way that we can't do in any other way.

Like it or not, people will stare.  It is no fun to go through life blending into the background, so even if you don't go wear patterned pants, at some point, take the leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment